Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The 'Happiness' project

Hello,

Happy April to you. The months are just whizzing by, aren't they? It's awfully hot in my neck of the woods and I am going crazy bit by bit.

I know I have been missing again, but we will pretend that did not happen and continue as usual.:-)

To tell you the truth, I have been battling with low mojo, bad health and general garden- variety existential conundrums and have not been doing much, crafts-wise. Thankfully I had some orders, so I was forced to get some things done.

Now that I have made some legitimate excuses, we shall move on to my project. The brief from my client was that she wanted embroidery hoops, lots of flowers and happy things and I created two projects.

Today I am showcasing the first one which is a bright, sun-shiny yellow.


I used a lot of chipboard letters and sentiments on it. The small chipboard letters are lasercut mini alphabet letters from Craftslane. and I love them (I already have two packs of these hoarded away)!These are not chipboard, but good quality MDF and take a lot of media without buckling or peeling  or breaking off . Here, I have primed them with gesso and then coloured them with Faber Castell Gelatos..



The snowflake is another laser cut piece from Craftslane.I sponged it with Wild honey and mustard seed distress paints.



If you haven't visited Craftslane yet, please do so. Their MDF products are extremely good quality and a dream to work with. If you are not interested in altering stuff , they also carry scrapbooking supplies and constantly add new stuff to the store.

Okay, so now can you please tell me if you would call it a happy project?I will share the other hoop in my next post.

Psst... I am thinking of making my blog a bit more structured and hopefully a little bit interesting . I am also thinking of doing some tutorials or sharing interesting links whenever I can. Would you like that? Do let me know. I will be ever so grateful :-)


Till then,
Cheers
Pallavi

Submitting for the following challenges
Color Conceptions Challenge #9 : Anything but cards
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Anything goes
Altered Eclectics :April Challenge
Crafter's Corner challenge #15.Go 3D



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...