Tuesday, July 2, 2013

and I am back!

Did you even notice that I was missing? No, don't answer that. Let me pretend that everybody was wondering where I was and thereby keep my pride intact.

I have been busy beyond belief for the last few weeks and gave the social networks a miss, so I apologize to people I follow. I did not post any comments or visited your blogs, but I will be regular again.Promise!

Anyhoo, I just wanted to tell you about my latest obsession which is working with aluminium foil. I was really smitten with the various techniques people had shared on their blogs and youtube and I finally tried them for myself. The first one is this box I upcycled. This was the packaging for a watch or a cell phone, I don't recall which.

 \\
The pictures make it look all crumply and grungy but its better looking in real. I have created a ton of texture here by using some stuff under the foil and going over it with my stylus and also by scratching designs on the foil itself.

I am planning to submit this to Tone Lill's challenge at Yvonne's blog, so I used an old cross stitching mat for the texture. See the corners? Those are the mat pieces.

Here are the sides. I embossed the side panels with an embossing folder and also used washi tape for the border.


Submitting it for Tone Lill's Challenge. My upcycled items are the box itself and the cross stitch mats on the top.Not sure if that counts as upcycling or not.:-)

Thanks for visiting and will be seeing you real soon.Tons of projects to share!

Cheers
Pallavi

21 comments:

  1. Oh My god!!! this like totally Awesome work Pallavi ..I loveee the way you have molded and structured the foil into this thing of beauty ...What a way to come back ..and believe me you were really missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply amazing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ...this is really a masterpiece...loving each and every bit of it :))too gud:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love it! And so different!! Glad your back! I did wonder where you were :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely this looks better in real... amazing work she did

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you talking about? This looks fabulous!
    Lovelovelove the grungy feel and amazing textures you have created. Wow. The time away was certainly well spent my friend.

    I LOVE what you created. Thank you so much for playing along with my guest Tone-Lill's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comments on my blog, you are master, you can make cards easily,i am finding it very hard to decide the sketches,colors so tried on sketch card. I need tips from you on chosing colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great on your card.Do not underestimate yourself and I have definitely not mastered anything.I struggle with everything for ages too.

      Delete
  8. Must check this method out, looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thys is something very stunning Pallavi....reAlly loved it.I am not regular in blogging but thys creation of urs has stopped me with my mouth open.Just for an idea dear....try it with alcohol inks, i have seen u working with with them.I am damn sure u can create wonders using d same technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much.I have also tried alcohol ink on another project but cannot share it right now since its for a swap and my stuff has not reached the recipient.But I agree with you.It looks nice.I am not as good at using them as you are though.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U are tempting me Pallavi...may be ur creations one day make me regular in blogging also.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  11. WHOA!! This is amazing! I loveeee it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so amazing and really creative, I love your box and foil work, It looks super cool. Thank you so much for taking time to enter my GD challenge at Yvonne's blog Less is More. Love all tour funky and crative style :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Pallavi !Congrats on your win at Yvonne's guest challenge !Your have really done a fabulous job with that foil and I loved the fab textures you have created !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...