Wednesday, August 6, 2014

In the mood for cards

Hello!

I realized recently that one of the areas where I severely lack practice and maybe even skills, is card making. I have to admit, I find making them overwhelming and maybe a bit scary. All the cutting , measuring, precise stamping etc. I does not help that I can never come up with designs without some guidelines.



The best way to get over my phobia is to just start doing it I guess. I figured that an even better way is to participate in challenges where you are already provided a framework to work with in the form of sketches.It was a light bulb moment for me and that's what I am going to attempt.

For this card,I used the sketch provided at the Cardabilities Sketch challenge.



I used modelling paste with a damask stencil from Prima for texture, various shades of Gelatos for colouring and a mixture of glitter and silver embossing powders.Love the sparkle that I got over the texture

I have also stamped over the background with white pigment ink,but due to low light conditions here, not much of it is seen.





The clock die cut is also stamped and heat embossed with Clear sparkle embossing powder

Card with texture and Faber Castell Gelatos


Hope you like this card.

Cheers
Pallavi

Submitting to

Cardabilities Sketch Reveal #104

Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make it Sparkle

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge : Stencils with modelling paste



 

18 comments:

  1. You Lack practice ?? Who would believe it Pallavi ?? That too after seeing such Gorgeous card..No one..!! You have done fab job with the sketch , I loved vibrant color combo n lovely textures .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning card! ..love the bright colors. .The clock and all the perfectly placed elements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I'd agree with your opening statement there Pavalli!! I think you have SERIOUS card-making skills - this is one amazing creation!

    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this is a stunner Pallavi ... And how can you doubt your card making skill is beyond me !! ..You are so talented and you have created such a beauty here I seriously think you should be creating more cards :) ..Btw I so loved this cardibilities sketch and am thinking of playing along too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always underestimating yourself! This one is a beauty! All that texture is so yummmm! Love the colors too! Pls make more cards...plssssss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I love mixed media background and colors :)
    Thanks for playing along with Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Pallavi, I love the colours and it looks so delightful with all the flowers. Happy scrappy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is gorgeous! LOVE the rich colours!
    And please, stop second-guessing yourself...you are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card is fabulous! Keep on making cards...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - the colors are beautiful! Keep up the card making! Thanks for joining us in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Paste"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - love the colors and the texture! Thanks for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad you pushed yourself to make a card! it looks amazing. I love the colors and beautiful textures. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card !!! love the colours and using the mix media !!! Very nice !!! Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities. Henryka DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think you should worry about your card making skills, this is drop dead gorgeous!! I am so in love with that background! What vibrant colours too!! Love it love it! Everybody needs inspiration, I usually get mine from the challenges, and sometimes my favourite cards are the ones I messed something up on, put something in the wrong place or glued it on crooked...so no need to worry, just have fun with it!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful mixed-media card, I love your take on sketch :)
    Thank you for playing along with Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow this is a stunner!! Those colors are breathtaking, I would love to ever receive a card like this :) Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card with some sweet texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...