Wednesday, August 6, 2014

In the mood for cards

Hello!

I realized recently that one of the areas where I severely lack practice and maybe even skills, is card making. I have to admit, I find making them overwhelming and maybe a bit scary. All the cutting , measuring, precise stamping etc. I does not help that I can never come up with designs without some guidelines.



The best way to get over my phobia is to just start doing it I guess. I figured that an even better way is to participate in challenges where you are already provided a framework to work with in the form of sketches.It was a light bulb moment for me and that's what I am going to attempt.

For this card,I used the sketch provided at the Cardabilities Sketch challenge.



I used modelling paste with a damask stencil from Prima for texture, various shades of Gelatos for colouring and a mixture of glitter and silver embossing powders.Love the sparkle that I got over the texture

I have also stamped over the background with white pigment ink,but due to low light conditions here, not much of it is seen.





The clock die cut is also stamped and heat embossed with Clear sparkle embossing powder

Card with texture and Faber Castell Gelatos


Hope you like this card.

Cheers
Pallavi

Submitting to

Cardabilities Sketch Reveal #104

Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make it Sparkle

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge : Stencils with modelling paste



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...