Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Something I made for myself

Hello !

A while back, I had a request from a friend to alter a mini dresser for her. I had some spare MDF so I got it constructed by a local carpenter. Unfortunately,the finishing of the product was not so good and I couldn't give it to her.I altered a store bought one for her (will be showing it soon). This meant.that I could keep the dresser for myself and do whatever I wanted to do with it. You know me and my love for mixed media ,so this dresser got a lot of artsy love.:-).No flowers on this one.Yay!



 I was planning to work directly on the dresser but then chickened out and created my own pattern paper (would you call it that?) with Kraft cardstock, Tim Holtz tissue paper, washi tape, stencils and lots of spraying and splattering.



I used some clay butterflies made using mod melts moulds (that's a mouthful!) and painted them black. I also used Tim Holtz's ornate plate for the middle drawer.


The front pieces are darker than the sides because I did not seal the surface before adding Mod podge and that made the colours run a little bit, but I don't mind it too much.

The sides are a bit brighter


I have yet to decide what to use it for.I am happy that I made something for my craft room.:)

That's all for now.See you soon!

Pals

.Submitting for Simon says Monday challenge :Anything goes
The Artistic Stamper challenge : Anything goes
The mixed media monthly challenge : Stencils with modelling paste
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...