Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Sketch-capades

Hello!

How was the long weekend? I went for long drives and enjoyed the lush greenery and the rains. Took a lot of pictures for possible sketching projects. Let's see how many I can actually work on.

I missed my Sunday sketch last week owing to a bad bout of flu. I was determined to make something for this week, but boy, this was not a good week for me. I tried three watercolour paintings and all of them were real disasters. I have almost lost hope in my ability to handle the medium.:-(

This was my first project and I don't think its finished. I like some elements of it but overall it seems juvenile to me. I did like the splatter background though.





After this, while dejectedly browsing Pinterest for some easy watercolour projects, I came across the blog of watercolour artist Pat Howard. She is a wonderful artist and very generous in sharing tips and techniques. If you are a newbie like me, you should check her blog out. It's a goldmine of information and her tutorials are fabulous.



I followed her negative painting tutorial and here's how mine looks. Again, not very good, but I had fun learning about the technique.


That's all I have for today. Hope to see you soon!
Cheers
Pallavi




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...