Friday, August 29, 2014

"Getting to know me " Blog hop

Hello friends!

Today is a non project post.A couple of weeks back I had a chat with one of my crafty friends and ex DT colleague Priya from Priya -n-papers and she asked me if I would like to participate in a unique blog hop. This blog hop is a nice way of introducing yourself . Priya is a fantastic crafter and I have always loved her style. Her projects are fresh, vibrant and trendy. Nothing is over the top and her projects always turn out to be striking. She has started blogging again after a brief hiatus and is experimenting with cards and I have loved each and everycard that she has posted recently. Do check out her blog here.
.
Okay, now on to me.There are a set of questions that one needs to answer and I shall try my best.I will also be a copycat and add some pictures of my previous work. :-)

1. What am I working on?
Umm, the answer is .....nothing specific really. Lately I have been bitten by the card making bug and in a moment of weakness bought some amazing AND expensive stamps.( I do have regular "moments of weakness").I now have to justify my purchases, so I plan to make some cards using those.



2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I really don't think my work is any different from all the other crafters worldwide. I feel that I am still in the early stages of my crafting career. I like to try out various things. Some I am successful at, others are a royal fail. If I had to pick ,I would say working with paints, textures, inks ,canvases etc really floats my boat and I spend a lot of time learning techniques and trying them out. I have also been obsessed with sketching and painting lately, so I have a lot to keep me occupied and I keep jumping from one project to another.:-)


3. Why do I write/create what I do?

Well I create because it gives me happiness.The process of having an idea and executing it and seeing the end result gives me a high. I personally do not consider myself very talented ,so when something I make turns out half decent, its always a pleasant surprise and a little bit of shock to me and I thrive on that feeling.:-)

4. How does your writing/creating process work?

Hmm...I have never really sat down and thought about it.I guess I am inspired by pinterest ,you tube,other crafters' blogs.One thing that is consistent with me though, is that I never can plan or visualize the end result of my project.I generally wing it 90% of the time.It's a highly inefficient way of working, I know, but it works for me.

Another thing that I really try to avoid is getting swayed by what is 'in ' just because its trendy,I will not invest into a product or concept unless I personally find it pleasing or interesting.For me trends really don't matter and most of the time I am not even aware of them.hee hee.

Okay,I think that's enough and hopefully you were not too bored.Unfortunately,everybody that I know in the crafting world has already been tagged and done this bloghop,so I would like to tag everybody who reads this blog.Please do write about yourself.I love reading and knowing about you.

Last but not the least, thank you to Priya for tagging me.:-)

Cheers
Pals




 

5 comments:

  1. Aha !! so you are in with the bandwagon too :) ..I loved getting to know more about you and your style of crafting though honestly speaking I did know most of it :D but hey I really loved all the gorgeous projects you have shared here :):) ..And you have got to believe it ..You are a very talented person and your crafting style is Unique so even though you might not follow trends ..Your work is really refreshing and beautiful and very very unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So finally we have a Know me/my process by Pallavi ! Loved reading it..as I love your projects !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pallavi we have so much in common!!! Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your creative processes! I too am subject to regular " moments of weakness" and splurge on crafty goodies--- especially get tempted by craft sales!! And I always wing it too..I keep adding bits and pieces till I am happy!! And I am not swayed by trends too...I research quite a bit before buying stuff-- even dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know more about you dear..just love your creations. .especially the canvases!
    And ditto for the" moments of weakness" ..we crafters definitely have many of them. .ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pallavi! So wonderful to read about you and get a sense of you and your art! You are extremely creative and talented and your art is at the very least- stunning!! Thank you so very much for sharing this post with us and giving us a glimpse into your creative world!! AWESOMENESS Girlfriend!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...