Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Sketch-capades

Hello!

How was the long weekend? I went for long drives and enjoyed the lush greenery and the rains. Took a lot of pictures for possible sketching projects. Let's see how many I can actually work on.

I missed my Sunday sketch last week owing to a bad bout of flu. I was determined to make something for this week, but boy, this was not a good week for me. I tried three watercolour paintings and all of them were real disasters. I have almost lost hope in my ability to handle the medium.:-(

This was my first project and I don't think its finished. I like some elements of it but overall it seems juvenile to me. I did like the splatter background though.





After this, while dejectedly browsing Pinterest for some easy watercolour projects, I came across the blog of watercolour artist Pat Howard. She is a wonderful artist and very generous in sharing tips and techniques. If you are a newbie like me, you should check her blog out. It's a goldmine of information and her tutorials are fabulous.



I followed her negative painting tutorial and here's how mine looks. Again, not very good, but I had fun learning about the technique.


That's all I have for today. Hope to see you soon!
Cheers
Pallavi




11 comments:

  1. I think you are underestimating your abilities because these are stunning! There's absolutely nothing juvenile about that gorgeous bird painting! I agree about the splatter, it truly did work well! Very stunning, both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the bg on first one a lot Pallavi ! Second one is fab..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Pamellia. There is nothing juvenile about either of them. I think you should not give up. Keep practicing..and stop underestimating yourself. As for what these projects, second is my favorite...it's so artsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to pitch in and say I agree with both Pamellia and Sindhu ..you tend to underestimate yourself when it comes to your artistic abilities ..both your painting are fabulous !! ...I wish I could do half as decent job as you have done ..The bird the background everything just clicks ..And I loved the negative painting concept too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pallavi you r talented ..keep it up.nice paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pallavi,
    Your paintings are beautiful! We are always our own worst critics! I really love the negative piece and will check out the link you shared- thank you for sharing- and I do hope you are feeling better!! If not, chicken soup and tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have sworn I left you a comment ~ 'cause I love both of these!
    But I want to thank you for sharing them with us in August heART!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, you are so hard on yourself. I really like the first painting with the lime coloured bird and the branch, it has such a contented atmosphere. Your second painting is equally good, with marvellous depth and colour. If you are a newbie, you are a very talented one.
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying hi from Rose's AugustArt blog hop. I love your sketches/paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bird looks perfect to me and love the beautiful 3 D effect in the 2nd one..awesome talent Pallavi!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. such charming pieces
    i love your forest!
    thank you for giving credit to the lesson and artist and sharing the link

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...