Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shimmer and Glimmer

Hello

I am back with another altered jewellery box. This time I experimented with metallics and shimmer and used colours which I hardly ever reach for, so I am not sure if I like it or not ,but I did enjoy making it.


I covered the whole box with Tim Holtz Tissue paper and then used a mix of purple and green metallic gelatos and acrylic paint for the colours. You can't see it in the picture but the design on the tissue paper shows up underneath the paint.

I then used the Prima Elementals stencil with modelling paste for some texture. I painted some of the circles with metallic paint and splattered some yellow paint for some contrast. I coloured some gauze with metallic purple gelato and water and painted my chipboard pieces silver.I also added some pearls to the lid to carry forward the circles/polka dots theme.Everything is sprayed with Lindy's Scintillating silver spray.



The flowers are a mix of Prima and some I am roses flowers.I used some resin pieces from my stash too.As my last step I stamped some text using my all time favourite stamp and Black Archival ink.

I kept the sides simple with some stencilling, paint and stamping.


I hope you like it .See you soon!

Cheers
Pals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...