Sunday, October 5, 2014

Altered boxes with a mixed media touch...Again!

Hello,

I would first like to start with a happy news. I was a winner at a new challenge blog for my Steampunk Canvas. The Mirror Crack'd is the newest blog on the block and they have monthly challenges. If you love to try your hand at mixed media and journaling,the challenge is just right for you.

I know you must be a bit fed up with my fixation with altering boxes.It's one of my favourite things to do. Taking a plain unremarkable thing and transforming it totally. That is magic to me.:-)

So no surprises here, I have another set of boxes to share today.


For the first one ,I covered the lid with a doily stencil and texture paste and use various shades of Lindy's sprays for the colour. I have heat embossed and fussy cut a doily stamp with ranger's Platinum embossing powder. You can see it peeking out beneath the die cut which is one of my favourite dies and a very recent purchase. I cut several pieces of the die for some dimension and added glossy accents to the top for a faux epoxy look.



For this one ,I die cut a heart and layered several pieces. The heart was then painted with Lindy's Dark chocolate truffle and Cocoa bean copper sprays. I did the same thing with the clay bird pieces and the Prima resin fairy. I also coloured the lace with some green and brown shades of Lindy's.




I love the texture on this one. I used a memory box stencil with Liquitex modelling paste and then coloured it with various shades of green and gold.

That's about it for today's post. I must warn you that I am not done with altered projects. I have several more coming in subsequent posts. I can't help it. Most of my September was spent doing just this.:-)

Cheers
See you soon
Pals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...