Sunday, April 28, 2013

Altered Shadowbox

Hello !

Another project and this is one of the few things that I made and really liked.I tend to be VERY self critical with my projects and need a lot of reassurance from family that it is worth sharing.Poor mom and hubby.:-)

This was a set of shadowbox frames I got from a home decor store quite some time back.It's defective since the glass is missing on one of the frames,but I still grabbed it and then after waiting for ages,altered it finally.

Here's how it looks


I used the Prima Craftsman and sunrise sunset collections for this and I love them both.The ledge of the frame is covered in various washi tapes.and textured with modelling paste.On the inside i tried curling papers and creating lots of layers.I am not into layouts,so this was slightly intimidating for me but fun at the same time,if you know what I mean.I tried varous things for the first time,layering,misting with water,curling paper etc and I love the result,even if I say so myself.

There are some cutouts from the collection,flowers,jute twine and some gauze in there.

Here are some closeups


the sides


Okay,with this,I am finally up to date with everything that I have created till now.I hope to be more regular and post the projects when they are done and not ages later.:-)

Hope to see you back!

Cheers,
Pallavi
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is just Gorgeous Pallavi ..I love your shadow box and the beautiful layer's you have created here ...so many techniques and all so well used ...this one's a definite "Wow" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing, I love all the details you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey pallavi .its very beutiful.ek mere liye bhi bana do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you!Will make once I find a decent shadowbox.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous!! Amazing dimension, layering, and details, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...