Saturday, April 27, 2013

Altered Box with Art tiles

Hello people.

This was as usual long pending.I altered a box for my friend and never posted it here.Story of my life.:-).I shared this as a design team inspiration piece on the Crafter's Corner blog here.

Anyway,I wanted to try something new,so I decided to embellish it with handmade tiles.I used the Prima Zephyr papers that I got in a RAK.The box front and sided are all textured with modelling paste and Crafter's workshop stencils.I love using stencils! If you would like to know more about how to use them in various ways, go to the Crafter's Corner link.I have done a super detailed post on different ways to use these stencils.It's a VERYYY long post but I am hoping that it will be helpful to some people at least.:-)

Anyhow,here's my box


This is the top of the box.


I made these tiles by cutting out images from different paper collections that I had and then sticking them down on chipboard pieces.Then I covered each of them with glossy accents.Not a great job there.I am not happy with all the little dents and bubbles that I got.The tiles are all arranged on a canvas board which I also covered in some paper.I added some metal embellishments and flowers and lace and pearls.Can't do without those,can I?

The sides are textured and I have torn paper on some sides and also created some more texture with mod- podging some lace at random places.I like that effect.


Okay ,that's about it.Hope you like the box.See you soon...hopefully.:-)

Cheers
Pallavi

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful box pallavi!! Absolutely in love with the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the colors, the textures...its gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...