Sunday, July 20, 2014

Image Transfer : An experiment

Hi

I have been meaning to try image transfers for a while. I did try it once, a long time back and it was not a total fail, but this time I wanted to try a technique called Splash and Image transfer as shown by Andy Skinner. I love his work and am saving up money to take his classes. Love how he plays with paint and medium and makes such awesome projects.

For this project, I tried to follow his instructions to the letter. Of course, I did not have everything that he used, so I had to make do with what I did have. The image is also very generously provided by him and can be found on his site.

Mixed media and image transfer


I did not take a step by step picture, since I wasn't sure if this attempt would be successful.:-) . I was also worried about the image transfer part since I do not own a laser printer, but it was not too bad. Sorry about the not so great pictures. It's dark and gloomy here.

Once the transfer was done ,I added some bling to her hair. I also used Versamark and Lindy's Poinsettia Red gold magicals on her shawl to give it some interest. A little bit of stamping and some shading with charcoal all around the image and my main work was done.

I could not leave it alone though, since I wanted to try out crackle on the canvas ,so I used Clear rock candy crackle all over it. Once the crackle was dry ,I glazed it with watered down brown paint.



I hope you like this project. I am thrilled that the inkjet transfer worked. Well it does not look as good and clear as Andy's, but I am not too disappointed with mine either.

If you would like to see a step by step for this kind of project, let me know or you can just take a look at the video link and try it out. It's very well explained.

Thanks for visiting

Cheers
Pallavi

Submitting for Simon Says Monday Challenge : About a Face
The Artists Play room #115
 

18 comments:

  1. You always amaze me the way you incorporate textures into your projects! I totally love this one but I wont try it! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing something like this first time ...and I loved it to bits Pallavi !! It has some mystical feeling to it..The lady grabs all the attention n the crackle texture WoW !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been starring at that pic for so long. It's simply fab. D bg, d image everything really looks so wonderful. Off to check Andy's video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how your transfer came through with the beautiful texture of colors. Fabulous art! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! The colors are wonderful and I love the little touch of bling. Such a great mixed media piece. Very creative! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work as always.... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Fabulous transfer and the crackle is perfect. Love the rich colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trust you to come up with something so Unique Pallavi ..I absolutely loved this canvas and the beautiful textures and colors on it ..Although I don't know much about the image transfer technique ..your project seems to be just perfect to me :) What a gorgeous canvas this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is stunning. I think you nailed it with this one, no need for a laser printer the way it turned out. A fantastic piece of art!!! A happy scrappy weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on SSS spotlight feauture!! This is an absolutely gorgeous project! SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. This turned out awesome. I really love the colours here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pallavi this is just wow! I wish you can teach me some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pallavi!! This is Fantabulous! I saw Andy's video also , but did not try because I have an inkjet! You brave girl you! Thanks for going ahead and using what you have- I too am inspired now, by your gorgeous canvas!!!
    Thank you for commenting on my post, I might never have found your art and met you!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! Thanks for sharing, I love Andy's work also and I'm definitely going over to his site to get the printable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. TFS! I love Frida! This is so lovely and I look forward to giving this image transfer technique a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...