Monday, April 7, 2014

Altered Bird house

Hello,

Today's project is another Craftslane MDF product that I altered for a friend. Tonnes of embellishments and colour on this one too. I seem to be moving away from pastels and embracing brighter colour this summer.:-)

Look at the bird house. It is so adorable and a nice size. I guess you can use it as an actual bird house. I might try that next. It's available here if you are interested.

 
This is how it looks after I was done with it.
 
 
I used the DCWV coral couture stack. I love the colours in this stack. The lovely teals, oranges and reds. Added some fussy cut elements from the paper and some handmade and store bought flowers and it was done. Easy peasy.:-)
 
I used some dangle trim for the sides and here's what they look like.
 
 
And another view since I took a million pictures of this.:-)
 
 
Okay, that's it for today's project. I have just finished a mixed media project and created a mini tutorial of sorts, but I am nervous.Would you be interested in mixed media?
 
Let me know.
 
Cheers
Pallavi
 
 
 Submitting to :
 
BGC #49 Grown with Love : I have used flowers,butterflies and birds and some colours from the mood board.
 

17 comments:

  1. Hello!! I can't believe that you're actually keeping your promise! :)
    I'm SO in love with your bird house! How I wish I were its recipient! I love all the beautiful papers, lace and the tiny embellishments! And the project is SO neat!

    Thanks so much for submitting it to Crafters Corner. But I'm afraid it will not qualify for the prize as the challenge requires you to make your own 3D element. So sorry about it. You still have loads of time to create one for the challenge. :)

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know.I have deleted one of my entries from the blog.:-)

      Delete
  2. you have done it beautifully Pallavi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bird house Pallavi, cheeerful n colorful ! I wish I could use pps on projects like you do.I loved all the bright colors and embellishments !

    MIXED MEDIA tut...?? I am INTERESTED..I can assure many will be..so please do share !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is JUST gorgeous work, Pallavi!! You have done a fantastic job embellishing this birdhouse. Love the DCWV paper stack you have used. So in LOVE with the colours and the designs. Your awesome paper-piecing and that lace trim look just WOW :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pallavi, such a elegant creation.. loved every bit of it. Such blossoming bird house.. Birds will definitely love their new house :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. LOVE this. Fabulous details. And I love that you are using bright and vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner!! Love the danglers the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cute lil house...... If I were a bird wud luv to live in such a charming lil place. Luv d dangling crystals on the sides and d beautiful paper and d lovely composition and d list oils endless for this uber gorgeous project

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Everything is just perfect: elements and colours.
    Thank you for joinin us on the BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh wow ! thats a pretty bird house !
    Love the colors and the papers u picked !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC Grown with love challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty take on the challenge ...Love all the details :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us @ BGC#49

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty bird house...
    Love all the details & the way you use the papers...
    Looking forward to the mixed media tutorial :)
    Thank you for joining us at Color Conceptions :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, WOW & WOW!! Pallavi love the colors! TFS at Color Conceptions. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Bird House..like the pp used..and flowers are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at "Color Conception Challenges" and All the Best !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...