Friday, March 15, 2013

Banner number Three

Hi again,

Had enough of me?This is only the third one.Two more to go.lol.

This one is for a person who likes the Steampunk theme.This one scared me the most,since I don't understand it and have never done anything remotely Steampunky ever.This time I went with media other than paper.The background is black Gesso and I used a stencil and modeling paste for the Harlequin pattern.I then went over it with Vintage Photo distress ink.I also stamped a numbers stamp in white all over the banner.If you look carefully,maybe you will be able to see it.

I used the chipboard gears from Itsy Bitsy and painted them black.Then I used gold and bronze paint to make them look metallic.Did the same technique on the letter.The heart is a stamped and fussy cut image which I distressed with Vintage photo and so are the wings.There is a piece of wire mesh behind the letter.This was some metal netting that I had lying around after we changed the netting on our windows.I just went over it with the same paints that I used with the gears and letters.



I think that's about it.I have no idea whether this is truly steampunk or not, but this is all I could think of with the supplies in my stash.

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Pallavi
 

4 comments:

  1. Girl you are on fire with these banners. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pallavi... great work on the theme. It's so difficult to do stuff like this and you've pulled it off wonderfully! Fantastic!
    Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What style..never though gears would look so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting.Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...