Friday, March 15, 2013

Banner number Three

Hi again,

Had enough of me?This is only the third one.Two more to go.lol.

This one is for a person who likes the Steampunk theme.This one scared me the most,since I don't understand it and have never done anything remotely Steampunky ever.This time I went with media other than paper.The background is black Gesso and I used a stencil and modeling paste for the Harlequin pattern.I then went over it with Vintage Photo distress ink.I also stamped a numbers stamp in white all over the banner.If you look carefully,maybe you will be able to see it.

I used the chipboard gears from Itsy Bitsy and painted them black.Then I used gold and bronze paint to make them look metallic.Did the same technique on the letter.The heart is a stamped and fussy cut image which I distressed with Vintage photo and so are the wings.There is a piece of wire mesh behind the letter.This was some metal netting that I had lying around after we changed the netting on our windows.I just went over it with the same paints that I used with the gears and letters.



I think that's about it.I have no idea whether this is truly steampunk or not, but this is all I could think of with the supplies in my stash.

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Pallavi
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...