Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm a little teapot,short and stout.Here is my handle and here is my spout.



I have a project.New! New! New! :-)

I cannot claim it to be my idea.I saw it in a home decor magazine and have been itching to try it out but I had run out of spray paint.Weekend was utilized in repleneshing my stock and hence the project.

Remember this ?




Okay ,so I did mention that I was a little iffy about this teapot and wanted to experiment a little bit.I wanted a white porcelain-ey look for it.So I spray painted the heck out of it.I used a fast drying glossy white enamel spray paint.

Then,I did this



Okay,please don't click on the pic.This is one of those things which look okay if you look at it from a distance, because... because distances make the heart grow fonder??? Giggles.

The real reason is that the whole writing is very childish looking and I intend to redo this, but I liked the idea so much, I couldn't wait to put it out on the blo.So now since that is cleared up, I will proceed  with details of what I did,

I just picked up some text (Hubby's contribution here,he picked it up from his fav book) ,freehanded it on the pot with a dark pencil and then just used black acrylic paint to write over it with a fine brush.Results not so awesome if you look up close.I don't have the best of handwritings,BUT,I am going to work some more on the "technique".I am thinking on the lines of printing out the text,tracing it onto the pot and then using paint over it.

Anyway,I kind of like it when I look at it from a distance and understandably cringe when I get up close.What's your view? Honest opinions please.

By the way how do you like the metal bird.It's a new purchase and I totally dig it.:-)

Idea shared at





 
 
Life in the Pitts



Craft Schooling Sunday at Creativejewishmom

Cheers!

Sumi
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...